Thursday, 28 May 2009

Parents!!

My parents have spoken to me about getting a full time job for when I’ve left college but how am I meant to do that when they are very limited at the moment due to this credit crunch.

I don’t understand then because I have a part time job at the moment in a pub. Ok, the pay meets minimum wage for 18year olds but they are not happy that at least I do have money coming in from somewhere. I tend to help out as a casual worker at my mothers work but today I refused to help out as I need to catch up on my college work but all I get from my father is ‘You’re just lazy, you don’t want to work!’ It’s not that I don’t want to work because I love to be able to earn money but what is more important my education or a job that i barely do and hardly any payment for??

I just want them to understand that I am looking after my education and my future. I need all this to get to where I want to be.

Why is there such a rush for me to get a full time job specially when there is very few out there that you don’t need the experience to do the job out there?? Most of the full time jobs you need experience in that job role and if you don’t they will not even give you a chance!

1 comment:

  1. I've found a load of full time but not part time jobs

    ReplyDelete